AP 3D: Concentration 7







Manipulation of Material: I like how I used hot glue to make the dripping honey— I feel like that adds a thick, syrup-y look that works for something like honey. I really struggled, however, using chicken wire for the bees. Manipulating the wire to fit the shape of the bee was actually kind of harder than I anticipated at the start because I kept getting cut by the chicken wire. After I got the hang of it, I think all went well because the unevenness of the chicken wire looks more like a bee than Sculpey would have (what I originally tried to make the bees out of). Overall, I had some interesting textures to simulate in this piece, and I think that my choice of material made this piece more engaging. 


Problem Solving: One problem I had during the creation of this piece was that I found myself in a bit of a creative rut. There are various personal reasons for why I was in that rut and I kinda knew there wasn't much I could do to get out except for powering through it. It felt kinda weird to create when your mind doesn't really want to, but I'm glad I took it slow and made this piece as good as it can be given my circumstances. At the end of the day, meeting the deadline was frankly not as important as making sure that this piece was quality. I'm glad I realized that instead of rushing through the piece and probably screwing it up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Headache Medicine Clinical Trial

English Formative Reflection: Q1