AP 3D: Concentration 4
Manipulation of Material:
While I mixed quite a few media for this project, the one material I want to discuss is paper. I never quite figured out paper because I didn't have enough time for the paper project (a time management flop) but I quite like it now that I've actually figured out how to use it! Even though it's kinda finicky, it can be strong if you use it the right way, like with how I made the frame of the bird. I also like that it bends easily, so smooth curves weren't hard to achieve like they are with other materials.
Problem Solving:
The process of creating the cage was really hard, so the problem I had was sticking with it. It doesn't look great from all angles, and I know that it doesn't look right in some of the photos here, but I'm glad that I was able to persevere. It was really hard to get the reed to stick together, and taping all of it (because hot glue wouldn't work) and then wrapping it with wire was much more time consuming and draining (?) than I thought it would be. Even though it was hard, I do like the concept for this piece and so I'm glad I stuck with it.


Comments
Post a Comment