AP 3D: Non-Representational Plaster Forms



Piece 1:



Piece 2: 


 


Manipulation of Material: 

Working with plaster seemed really daunting to me at first because I typically like my workspace and my person to be clean, neat, and tidy. However, I soon realised that there is no way to stay clean in a plaster-filled environment. Things slosh, spill, break, and explode all the time. After the first fifteen minutes, I got really into it and gave in to the mess and my inner child. Plaster is actually incredibly easy, quick, and fun, especially because there was no pressure to make the forms representational. There were some really great experiences I had during this unit (including somehow using only my feet to pull a stool across the room and peeling the condoms off the forms with people to see final forms). Overall, I think plaster ended up being like the Tempera Resist of 3D and I feel a lot less scared about this class than I did before. 

Problem Solving: 

I think I had a real problem to solve when it came to storage with my forms. I have one of the tiny baby cubbies and it was not easy to put all the pieces I made in there without some being delicately balanced on top of others. I learned my lesson when my favorite piece from the first day fell out of my cubby because it was too close to the edge and broke in two.  After that, I decided to to compartmentalise my cubby with reused cardboard boxes so that it would be easier to store everything. I have a whole plan and everything that I can’t wait to implement (I might even have to make some labels, which is really exciting)!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Headache Medicine Clinical Trial

English Formative Reflection: Q1