My Favorite Music Video
Music Video Type: Narrative/Concept
What makes this video interesting to me: One aspect of what makes this video interesting is knowing its backstory. Rhett and Link made this song ironically to kind of mock their fans who get mad at their uneven hoodie strings or their slightly off-centered mike, and proceed to unleash their rage in the comments section of the daily talk show, stating that the imperfection is "making their OCD go crazy". I also thought that the way they used different still frames from 1:50-1:52 and from 2:52-2:53 to imply Link's inner thinking and emotions added a uniqueness to the video.
P.S: Even though I wouldn't want to start a riot in the comments section about it, I too am agitated by these worldly imperfections. Watching these things be "fixed" is extremely satisfying for me, which just adds another layer of buttercream onto the cake for me, personally.
Comments
Post a Comment