Blog/Vlog 1: First Tour Reflection

*I have no video clips for this blog because my teammate didn't get a good film of me presenting (you couldn't see me and there was too much background noise to discern my voice*. 1) What were your strengths and challenges preparing your parts of the tour? Describe the strength or challenge and explain why you think it applies to you.

I feel like one of my strengths while preparing for the tour was developing a script. I had no trouble figuring out what to say.

I feel like one of the challenges I had while preparing for the trip was finding a spot to do my stop with Sam (we were doing our stops right after each other).
2) What were your strengths and challenges giving your part of the tour? What do you think your audience got out of the tour?

I think one of my strengths was speaking in a loud, clear voice.
I think I could improve with using less filler words like 'like' or 'um'.

3) What do you want to change for next time? How will you do that? (use a clip as evidence)

I'd think I'd like to be more engaging. I felt like I really didn't do much with the kids. I'll do this by asking a bit more questions



Comments

  1. Radhika, your group had a lot of variation in terms of research and experience guiding tours. I felt that your strength was around being informational. I didn't see the evidence of you teaching two stations in the tour planning guide, so I was wondering how you worked with your students to cover the big 8 concepts? The reflection is part of the process of getting better at something, here I felt like you really didn't dig in. The things we want to improve in life, don't come by accident. Becoming a better speaker and teacher of peers and students is a lifelong skill (there are very few experiences where you won't have to train a peer or mentor someone else). This is a good place to start! And it starts with you digging in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Headache Medicine Clinical Trial

English Formative Reflection: Q1