Vlog/Blog 3: How I improved in giving tours and how I will apply my skills
1) What skills and knowledge that you learned in class did you apply to your teaching? Be descriptive!
This wasn't so evident in my first tour because I was a nervous wreck, but after that on the last two tours I felt like I applied my knowledge about how rainforest etiquette quite well. While I do not have video evidence of this, I remember talking about how awesome spiders were to one of the squeamish third graders on our last tour (he thought he'd walk out of the forest with venomous snake and spider bites). I remember telling him to not shout (he was shouting out about how he was 'going to get bitten by a spider'), and how to react if we did see a spider (like that he shouldn't scream, or whack it away). Another piece of informational knowledge I applied when teaching is the difference between 'venemous' and 'poisonous', which I, admittedly, did not know were different before this class.
2) What skills or knowledge did you lack in the first tour? How did you improve for subsequent tours? And what would you do differently next time? Use evidence from your clips to back up your claim. Insert a clip of you on the first day and insert a clip from the last tour.
I feel like in my first tour I didn't really know what I was doing - I was stressed out and didn't really know what to say (I had practiced the night before, but sometimes I just get nervous in front of the actual audience). I don't have a clip of this because my partner didn't get a good film of me on my first tour (it was really blurry and there was so much background noise you couldn't hear what I was saying).
On my last tour, however, I feel like I was a bit more confident and calm, and not so stressed out. In my opinion, I felt like I spoke much clearer and slower than when I did in the first tour, which kind of shows that I was less nervous (I've heard from multiple sources that I tend to speak quicker and quieter when I'm nervous). Just to be clear, this is the whole video my partner took, but she didn't get all of my informational bits during the beginning (maybe this was a technology glitch?). Here's the video:
3) What will you take from the class activities to use in your life outside of school or other subjects?
I definitely feel like I'll be more observant of the things around me after taking this class. Spotting things in the rainforest wasn't hard, you just had to look, and it was all there. That's the important part - you have to look. I think that now that I know how to behave in a rainforest (like how to be quiet with your body and walk around slowly, not rush through it), whenever I go to any rainforest with my family, I'll be able to teach them about how to spot the most wildlife.
This wasn't so evident in my first tour because I was a nervous wreck, but after that on the last two tours I felt like I applied my knowledge about how rainforest etiquette quite well. While I do not have video evidence of this, I remember talking about how awesome spiders were to one of the squeamish third graders on our last tour (he thought he'd walk out of the forest with venomous snake and spider bites). I remember telling him to not shout (he was shouting out about how he was 'going to get bitten by a spider'), and how to react if we did see a spider (like that he shouldn't scream, or whack it away). Another piece of informational knowledge I applied when teaching is the difference between 'venemous' and 'poisonous', which I, admittedly, did not know were different before this class.
2) What skills or knowledge did you lack in the first tour? How did you improve for subsequent tours? And what would you do differently next time? Use evidence from your clips to back up your claim. Insert a clip of you on the first day and insert a clip from the last tour.
I feel like in my first tour I didn't really know what I was doing - I was stressed out and didn't really know what to say (I had practiced the night before, but sometimes I just get nervous in front of the actual audience). I don't have a clip of this because my partner didn't get a good film of me on my first tour (it was really blurry and there was so much background noise you couldn't hear what I was saying).
On my last tour, however, I feel like I was a bit more confident and calm, and not so stressed out. In my opinion, I felt like I spoke much clearer and slower than when I did in the first tour, which kind of shows that I was less nervous (I've heard from multiple sources that I tend to speak quicker and quieter when I'm nervous). Just to be clear, this is the whole video my partner took, but she didn't get all of my informational bits during the beginning (maybe this was a technology glitch?). Here's the video:
3) What will you take from the class activities to use in your life outside of school or other subjects?
I definitely feel like I'll be more observant of the things around me after taking this class. Spotting things in the rainforest wasn't hard, you just had to look, and it was all there. That's the important part - you have to look. I think that now that I know how to behave in a rainforest (like how to be quiet with your body and walk around slowly, not rush through it), whenever I go to any rainforest with my family, I'll be able to teach them about how to spot the most wildlife.
Comments
Post a Comment