Life in a Drop of Water

Yup, that's right. That's one of the many gross-looking things that come with a glass of cool, refreshing water. While many aren't harmful, some can be deadly (like the [completely real] brain-eating amoeba).



While this may not look as gross as the first one, some of these tiny little guys can cause death. 


While your still scared about these two, I'll show you this:



Pretty scary, huh? You usually have a few of those in the restaurant water - they're called tubiflex worms. Usually, it's fine if you eat them, but sometimes they can be harmful.....



Yes, all those (as mentioned before) come in your average glass of water. It made me shudder too - your not alone!!

Here are three facts about our Earth's water and waterborne diseases:

-3.4 million people die of waterborne diseases each year (that's almost the whole city of Los Angeles) 
-Every 21 seconds, a child dies from a waterborne disease
-More people have a mobile than a toilet (seriously? I mean, spend wisely, people!)

Well then, I guess that's it. Bye now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Headache Medicine Clinical Trial

English Formative Reflection: Q1